Search Tina's Blog

Tina's Fans

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy St Anthony Day

Anthony of Padua is one of the most beloved of saints; his images and statues are ubiquitous. Proclaimed a Doctor of the Church on January 16, 1946, he is sometimes called "Evangelical Doctor". He is especially invoked for the recovery of lost things. Not only physical and tangible things but physical health things too.

I remember at age 15 that I was given a beautiful, valuable white gold bracelet with authentic pearls from my relatives in Italy. My mom specifically told me not to wear it to the park that day. Of course I didn't listen and sure enough i lost it in the park among the acres of grass. I headed home feeling upset and I knew I was going to be in trouble. On the way home, I looked at the statues of St Anthony at the various neighbors homes. It was very common to see statues in their front yards. (I lived in a very Catholic-Italian neighborhood in Brooklyn, NY and St. Anthony was the man.) All those years of friends and family praying to him and seeing miracles, i decided to go home and pray. And that I did.

The next day I headed to the park and asked St Anthony to guide me to the spot where my bracelet was located. And bingo....there it was!!!!! I was a believer!

Years went by and I have called on St Anthony for various things in my life. Including when I was pregnant with my second son. I had such a difficult pregnancy that my doctors were concerned about my child. I prayed to St Anthony and made a vow for a healthy child and in return my child would be named after him. Sure enough, my water broke and I arrived at the birthing center at 6am and presto, Anthony was born at 7am.

The next time you need to recover something lost like an object, emotional feeling of love, peace, joy and serenity, or physcial health, ask St Anthony to help you. Ask from a feeling of true belief and intention and you will get healing in return.

Happy St. Anthony's day everyone!

Tina

No comments: